Sunday 3 August 2014

Fireworks Festival with my mates!

Itabashi Fireworks Festival 2014
板橋花火大会 2014
2nd of August

I spent my Saturday night with my mates from Singapore. It was actually an outing planned out by the SSAJ(Singapore Student Association Japan). I'm usually not interested in all this sort of association and whatsnot but it's really not as bad as I thought it would be. Everyone is nice and friendly! I even got a chance to have some home-made prata. I was craving for some local food so I'm glad they put in effort to make the prata. It's really the thought that counts right? :)

It was a long walk from the Ukima-Funado station (浮間舟渡駅) to where the fireworks festival will be held. The weather was also really warm and humid so it didn't make the whole journey any comfortable. There were a lot of people I didn't know so it was really awkward in the beginning but I think I hid it well. I try to keep my smile on every time I meet new people. Thankfully I got to know some people a little better by the end of the event. I hope to be able to meet them again for the next event!

The fireworks lasted for about an hour. I was busy snapping away and taking some videos of the fireworks. This was one of the better ones from my camera. I got to learn how to count the distance from me to the fireworks. I had a fun time counting even though it might make me look a little silly. I think that it's fascinating how the Japanese would gather together and enjoy fireworks together. The whole atmosphere was amazing! Everyone went 'すごい sugoi (amazing)' or 'きれい kirei (beautiful)' at the same time! This is definitely one of the better things about the infamous summer of Japan.

A short 30secs video of the fireworks made with Road Movies app. :)


I just found a new Otome Game called 'Shinobi Koiutsutsu'「忍び恋うつつ」 for PSP. I think I'll be busy for awhile. :)


Love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment