Sunday 17 August 2014

A day out with Emily

Yesterday, I met up with my best friend, Emily, whom I haven't seen in a few months ever since school started for me. She was busy showing her mother around Tokyo last week so we couldn't meet up earlier. The weather was really nice too which made the whole outing a lot more enjoyable because we didn't have to complain about how hot it is.

Before heading to the movie theatre, we met up a little earlier to have lunch and probably do a little shopping since we've already bought the tickets online. We had lunch, yet again, at this place called 'Bikkuri Donkey' びっくりドンキー. I really like the curry and hamburg there. We still have about an hour before the movie start so we headed off to Bic Camera after lunch. It's an electronic store where i usually get my stuff, very convenient! I've been contemplating for a while now but I've decided to get a camera tripod so I can do more videos and perhaps take photos or something. After getting the stuff we need from Bic Camera, we headed off to the Kinokuniya to look at some books. I ended up getting a book called 'The Book of English Magic'. I've always been interested in alchemy and magical things so I was thinking, why not.

After buying our stuff, we headed to the cinema. We watched a movie called 'Hot Road' 「ホットロード」 . This is a live action movie based off a really old manga about a girl named Kazuki, who felt unloved and ends up falling in love delinquent named Haruyama. I find that this film to be simple yet captivating. I also really like how they filmed scenery in Enoshima. That sort of made Emily and I want to visit Enoshima again. Actually, we're already in the process of planning our trip to Enoshima soon. (And perhaps have a chance to re-live some memories of the movie) I'd totally recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys simple romance story!

The theme song for the movie was also really soothing to the ears. It was by a singer called, Yutaka Ozaki, who is no longer around anymore but his songs are still famous and covered by many artists. I love the song 'Oh My Little Girl'. I believe he has many fantastic songs but I'm currently hooked onto this, also because it reminds me of the beautiful scenes from the movie. Maybe this is only me, but I think oldies are always awesome to listen to. Maybe because they bring back wonderful memories from the past or something.

Dinner at Muji Cafe with Emily
16th August 2014

Anyways, after watching the movie, we decided to have dinner before heading home. Without thinking much, we decided to head to Muji Cafe「無地カフェ」because it was conveniently at B1 of the same building where we watched the movie. Muji cafe serves delicious food and has an conducive environment for chilling so we really like the place!
We couldn't stop talking about the movie afterwards because it was really that good. Also, I personally think that Hiroomi, from 三代目 J Soul Brothers, who acted as Haruyama has really neat eyebrows! I've been wondering to myself throughout the whole movie that he has really neat looking eyebrows that I'm actually feeling envious and insecure about my own eyebrows!

We took the same train home and parted ways after we reach our stops. This is the funny part of the whole 'day out'. I was walking down the stairs to leave the train station and I fell off the stairs. I didn't exactly roll off the stairs but I did fell. This is what happened...

I was too preoccupied with my phone because I was texting Emily how I enjoyed today. I think it's a Japanese thing to tell the other party how you enjoyed the day. Y'know, the usual 「今日は楽しかった。また遊ぼうね!」 But heck, we're not even Japanese but we get used to the custom. Anyways, so I thought I was on my last step of the flight of stairs but I didn't realize it was actually my last second step. So, I slipped and landed in a position like as if I was kneeling on one leg. Like, I was about to propose to someone, without my hands sticking out. One hand, I was holding my phone and the other with a huge paper bag with the things I bought. So, I landed with a flop and I went, “shit!" And well, in Japan, it’s still not common where people go around saying "shit" so i had stares but I got up gracefully and walked away pretending nothing happened. Like a boss.

I landed with a flop and walked off gracefully like a boss - The highlight of the day! I won't say I'm not embarrassed but I was thinking, 'Stay calm and walk away'. What else can I do at that moment? I mean, really. I can either continue to embarrass myself or walk away like nothing happened. Everyone has embarrassing moments once in a while in life, and this is mine for summer 2014. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment