Tuesday 26 August 2014

Picnic at Yoyogi Park

Picnic at Yoyogi Park with some of the International Club members!
From left: Shogo, Marina, Ryuichi, Me and Shane. Thanks Stew, for taking this awesome picture!
24th of August 2014
Since last semester, I'm part of the International Club. The club was busy with it's reforming so no activities were planned. But Shane and I was thinking that we should have a get together during the summer holidays to get to know some of the members better before the upcoming Fall semester. Knowing the members better would make planning activities together in the future easier. As planned, we had a picnic session at Yoyogi Park with some of the members who could attend. I had so much fun and happy that everything went smoothly. This might actually be a really good start for the whole club!

We saw Shane's friend at the park so we hung out with them and played frisbee. Oh boy, it was so fun. It reminded me of the days in secondary school when I last played frisbee. I even got to meet a fellow Singaporean. It's nice to meet people from my homeland. Shogo and Marina brought home-made food. The cookies and churros were really delicious, I couldn't stop eating them! We did a mini fireworks before we left the park. Since we're at the park, the most we could do was sparklers. We could not do rockets or anything. But it was still fun since the people I was hanging out with are cool people! I love sparklers! I would like to play with sparklers with my friends back at home some day. I mean, it's summer all year round so we can do it anytime we want! haha.

I also had the famous Ichiran Tonkotsu Ramen with Shane for dinner. It is the second time I'm having dinner with her! She's such a cool person. She even taught me some Tagalog! I also tried speaking Tagalog with some of her friends from church during the picnic. It's so fun to learn different languages!

This basically sums up the awesome sunday outing with my club members. I'm down to my last week of summer holidays. I can't wait for Autumn!

x

2 comments:

  1. I love this entry love! I really do have a good feeling about the club this semester. xx -S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shane! Yeah, me too! Can't wait to see you next week when school starts! :D

      Delete