Sunday 31 August 2014

End of Summer Holidays

Emily and Charis
Exploring the western end of Tokyo
28th of August 2014
School is going to start next week for me so it's 'Bye-Bye' summer holidays. I'm not going to complain or beg for a longer summer break because I think this year's summer is well spent! In fact, I think I managed to accomplish more than what I expected.

This summer, I finally took out my camera that I got last year to go around taking photos around Tokyo. I got caught up with different bits of life during my first year in Tokyo, Japan. Thus, the lack of photos until recently. I've finally decided to take (in my opinion) better photos than random snapshots. And, I'm glad I'm getting compliments from my friends on my photos.

This summer break wasn't as boring as I thought it would be. In fact, it was pretty enjoyable. I got to attend two fireworks festival this summer and do my little fireworks party with a few awesome people. I even got a whole week of stay-at-home days for me to play some RPG games, catch up with my animes, mangas and hide away from the sun! I also got to travel to the western end of Tokyo to do a little exploring with Emily.

To top it all off, I decided to spend my last weekend with Emily. Just a day before, I had a sleepover at Emily's apartment. We went grocery shopping, cooked Singapore's chicken rice with the instant paste I brought over, watched 'Spirited Away' anime movie, and ordered an extremely delicious udon to be delivered to her apartment for lunch.

What more can ask for when this is close to a perfect summer holidays? I mean, I got to have my well deserved rest, my well deserved adventure and absorbing a little of Japan's summer culture, and create awesome memories with my friends!

Since I had a well spent summer holidays, I think I am ready for the Autumn and the fall semester for college. And, maybe for university applications as well. x

No comments:

Post a Comment