Saturday 6 September 2014

Mushroom Head

5th of September 2014
Bob hair

Hello. I just had my first week of school for the Autumn semester. It had been a week and I am exhausted. I'm not sure if it's because age is finally catching up on me or are the modules I'm taking this semester going to tire me out. Maybe it's both. I've also signed up for some part time job at school. I'm hoping to start soon because I'm in need of money. The amount of money might not be much but I'm hoping to have some savings next year when I further my studies in England. I went to the salon a few days back and got my hair cut short. It's barely touching my shoulders and I love it. It's new and refreshing. I haven't had a hair this short since I was about 5 years old, perhaps?

According to a belief, suddenly cutting long hair into a short cut means to forget the past and start anew. For my case, it is sort of true. I do have tons of things I want to forget and start anew. After I got my haircut, I really felt refreshed. Now, I can safely say, I've moved on. I was contemplating on cutting my hair short since about a year ago but I didn't have the guts to do it. But I finally did after Emily persuaded me. She told that if I didn't go all out and cut it short, above my shoulders at least, there isn't exactly a change in my hairstyle or image. I couldn't disagree. So far, the compliments on my new hairstyles have been good. I thank you all for liking my new hair as much as I do.

This morning, I was greeted by a text message from Shane. She texted me with "My lovely mushroom". I must say, I'm slowly taken a liking to the new nickname "Mushroom head" or the Japanese way of calling me a mushroom, "キノコちゃん". I guess it was partly because of the facebook status I posted on my facebook that I've cut my hair and officially became a mushroom head. I was surprised to receive 30 likes (be it for the right or wrong reasons) because this had never happened to me in all my facebook status history! I suppose everyone was looking forward to me having a real mushroom like bob hairstyle to have a good laugh at. Or, happy that I've actually ventured off on adopting a new funky hairstyle. Though, I did neither. But, the day when I got out of the hair salon, I did have a mushroom-like hairstyle because my hair stylist wanted to curl the ends of my hair. Like all my previous hairstylists, they like to try something else with my hair after they cut it. Like always, I would let them. The second day after I washed off the curls and straighten the ends of my hair, it went back to a normal bob. So, I'm not really a mushroom head but a bob head.

A package from home also came by last night. My sister sent me 3 pairs of fake spectacle frames that she stopped wearing as well as some administrative stuff from my mother. I broke my last pair of black spectacle frames. I love fake spectacle frames, not because I'm trying to make a fashion statement, but it helps to cover my dark eye rings. It also helps on lazy days.

A quick update on what shows I've been watching. I've just been watching 'Finding Carter'. I'm usually not into American TV series but my favourite actress, Kathryn Prescott, is acting as the main character, Carter. So, as a fan, I'm watching it. I really like her acting. And, because she does photography besides being an actress made me love her even more. I think people who does photography and/or writing has this... charm, that I cannot not notice. I hope one day I'll be as charming as them. lol.

The weather is pretty warm this week. I hope it starts cooling down soon. My sweaters and boots are calling me. I want to wear my red beanie out again. It has been nice writing here again. x

PS: Another reason was because my hair was in a mess and I couldn't take it anymore so I've decided to snip it all off. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment