Tuesday 23 September 2014

Indulging in different cultures

It has been a long while since I went travelling around Tokyo, enjoying Japanese culture. This is what I've promised myself a week ago: Travel around Tokyo every weekend.

Knowing my own habits of procrastinating, I reckoned it'd be better if I went travelling around Tokyo. At least I'll be doing something productive instead of staying indoors refreshing facebook, twitter and tumblr. lol.

Last weekend, I went to two events TGS and a festival at Nezu Shrine. Also, at the same time meet up with my friend, Kai, who was here for a while for work. I haven't been going to conventions in a long while so I thought I'd go to the Tokyo Game Show 2014. Also because there was a few booths that I'm interested in. Though, I must admit my knowledge on games is almost zero since I only play games leisurely. What caught my attention the most was the 「壁ドン」(kabe-don)  section from the otome game company, Voltage.

I wanted to try it SO MUCH! I went to the booth twice and I missed the sessions for the experience zone! According to my friend, Sam, she said there was another BL game and for their experience zone, they have this ikemen pinning the visitors down. One time, the visitor actually pinned the ikemen butler down. I thought that was hilariously courageous of that girl to do that! I would love to witness that. It's not something anyone get to see everyday right? It was my first ever game convention and I'm already enjoying it and bringing back so many memories. lol.

Yesterday, I went to watch 「るろうに剣心 伝説の最期編」(Rurouni Kenshin - The Legend Ends/Densetsu no Saigohen). Kai told me I looked agitated throughout the movie. Well, I am really engrossed in the movie that I could feel their emotions and everything! That's usually how I watch any films or anime. I let myself seep into the film. I put myself in the position of the characters so I can truly feel everything. I don't just watch a film for fun. I want to get the best out of everything. Not many people understand my 'involvement' and reactions towards the films I watch. Not that I expect anyone to do so, really.

Also, I still cannot believe I actually heard the studio version of One Ok Rock's song, "Heartache", during the credits. Though, I knew what was coming but the song was just too beautiful that I teared. I already teared quite a bit in the movie so crying a little more wouldn't make much of a difference now, would it? lol. It is a beautiful song. I found on youtube that someone recorded the one played from the movie theatres. I ripped it and now it's on replay while I type this post. I can't wait for it to be out in a single or an album because I am going to get it!! I really love One Ok Rock. I love them so much. Never regret a single thing after knowing them and hearing their music. So inspirational!

Anyways, after the movie, Kai and I set out to a festival at Nezu Shrine. My anthropology teacher was telling me about this festival last friday. After moving to Japan for about half a year, I still have not gone to an actual summer/autumn festival event. I'm really glad I got a chance to do so now!

21st September 2014
金魚すくい
Goldfish scooping
One of the main reasons why I wanted to go to a festival was because they have goldfish scooping! I've always wanted to try this! I remember always seeing this in animes and stuff. Sometimes, the boyfriend will scoop the goldfish for his girlfriend and blah blah blah....You know the typical story plot. haha. I thought it was really sweet. (in a way. lol)

This was my first time goldfish scooping and I must admit, I am quite talented in this. lol. With one scoop, I managed to scoop five cute goldfishes! I am finally better than Kai at something. lol. Though, I feel half glad and regretful that I didn't bring those goldfish back. I want a pet but I don't have time to take care of it so I can't keep them.

Nonetheless, it was an exciting weekend! I enjoyed both the main culture and the subculture of Japan. For a moment, I even contemplated on wanting to stay in Japan longer or forever. Culture in Japan is so rich! I love Japan so much!

x

PS: I love Tokyo Ghoul, at the same time I hate it so much. (T^T)

No comments:

Post a Comment