Tuesday 12 March 2013

The most awesome 3 weeks ever!

Hello! Good morning! It's 5.30am right now.

It has been awhile since I updated anything recent on my life. The few posts were plainly backlogs. Except for the "message to you" post.

Anyways, for the past 3 weeks, I was working at the fashion event called "Hello Shibuya Tokyo".

This was taken last day of the event! Tore down day! 10/03/2013


Honestly, I believe I learnt a lot throughout these 3 weeks. I got to meet really interesting people with strong personalities, learn so much more about fashion and appreciate more different kinds of fashion. It's also because everyone had such strong personalities we were able to get to know each other really fast and became really cozy and comfortable with each other. Even though I was tired since work ends really late into the night and for the first few nights was all the way til midnight, I look forward to work everyday.

Even though it was tiring, I don't think I exactly lost any weight because everyone is such a good cook and they are so friendly and nice to share their own home cooked food during the second week onwards after we all became good buddies! Everyday was practically like a picnic session. lol. Everyone was so passionate and enthusiastic during work, it's really a blessing to be able to work with this team during the event.

I'm really glad this 3 weeks is finally over but also I'm sad that this 3 weeks is over. So many memories made in this 3 weeks. Time really files when you're having fun!

I made a half korean super bubbly best buddy in this event. She is named after a fruit that keeps the doctor away, Apple. She's a really sweet and down-to-earth girl. I didn't expect to click so well with her because I use to not able to accept the korean language because I use to think it sounded vulgar. But recently I'm really alright with kpop and korean language. But I got more accepting to the language way before I met her. This must be fate. haha. We keep calling each other "Baboya", aka idiot in korean. It's pretty much our nicknames for each other. hahaha! And I absolutely love the "Gimbap", (korean sushi) she made. Really really delicious!

I also made an awesome friend who is super motherly, Stella. I always call her "mama" during work because she is just super caring and motherly. She likes to stuff me with food too. She's someone who I can talk to for quite a lot of things. So glad to have her around me!! haha.

With this 2 good buddies around me, I feel really pampered at work. lol. I'm really well taken of!

Not to mention the really nice and friendly boss I was under. They are all really nice people. To be able to know about these brands is really an eye-opener. For someone like me who didn't even bother myself with brands and all this, I ended up being exposed to all this. I'm really thankful.

Honestly, so far for all my part-time jobs and full time jobs, I always have really nice bosses. So far, my work life isn't that bad. I'm really lucky to have nice bosses.

Yesterday, was the final packing up the boxes. We didn't expect everything to be dragged on until so late at night but we managed to finish everything in a day. Lol. Hardcore huh?
Anyways, so we ended at around 12am and we went off to a Ramen Stall nearby the area for our mini afterparty and supper. Obviously beer is a definite need! It has been a real long time since I had beer since I don't have such gatherings for so long! I had one can of Sapporo and it was satisfying! I also had cha shu ramen for supper with chawan mushi on the side! I really ate a lot huh?? haha.
After Supper
Stella, LiPing, Me, Jungle Bacon (Thessa), Saidoku-san, Ezanne
This wasn't the full team because the people who came to do the final packing were just this few. In the photo, we're missing Apple though. Should I photoshop her in? lol.

Yeah, I call my friend, Thessa as Jungle Bacon. It's a long story so we'll just keep it as that shall we?? :)
But I'll just let you know she loves bacon and she makes awesome mac and cheese!


I made quite a lot of friends from this event. I'm so thankful to my friend for introducing me this job. Without that introduction, I think I'd still be jobless til now. But you know, I was really smiling a lot during work and having tons of fun. I was able to be the real me and be really crazy. I'm feeling so comfortable with my work environment in like a few days. Usually I take a little longer to open up. I was able to do a lot of  "monomane" (imitations) during work. lol. Which was really epic but I'm really glad it made people laugh. lol.

It guess it was also because the environment was mostly English and Japanese speaking, which I'm totally in love with. Two of my best and favorite languages as of now. Everyday was I was using English, and you are able to find people who are the same as you struggling to speak Chinese or speaking Chinese with a funny accent. LOL. Oh yes, I was in my comfort zone. lol.

I'm left with less than 2 weeks til I fly and I still have quite a few things unsettled. I hope to get them done real soon. I'll notify the date as of when I'm leaving really soon.

Til then, I want to happily enjoy my 2 weeks.


xoxo,
Chisaki

No comments:

Post a Comment