Friday 8 March 2013

Getaway Trip to Japan, Day 2

Hey.

Finally down to trip to Japan Day #2!

I left the hotel and headed off to Asakusa for brunch. I wanted to get my all time favourite Melon Pan!! But before that because i had to go to Ueno Station and change to Ginza line to go to Asakusa, I walked around Ueno area. I went into this shop that Mr. Merlion brought me to that sells all the funky stuff and I bought presents for my friends. It's some 3D puzzle thing that I still haven't quite figure out how to go about completing the puzzle! It's so difficult!!

After hanging around that area for awhile, I left the place for Asakusa. It was raining and it's getting colder. I thought I need to eat something so I can maintain my body warmth.

When I reached the shop at Asakusa, they sold out the first batch of melon pans and they are remaking a new batch so I had to wait another 30mins. I was so sad!! But I had to have it so I thought I should walk around the area to kill time before going back there to get it.

I went to the temple at Asakusa. Yeah, the usual tourist spot. So there were tons of people and tourist there. I like visiting temples! So calming and peaceful!

I went to get another fortune (おみくじ) though I already got it on my first day but I was bored so I thought of just getting it again. I mean, if my luck is the same it wouldn't be that bad right? Well, I ended up getting just normal luck but whatever that is written on it seems to be better than just normal luck. Haha. I can deal with this.... :)



After getting my fortune, I went up to the temple but it was hella crowded so I ended up walking back out. The reason why I went in, was to hide from the rain. I need to hide somewhere warm. I really hate it when the weather is cold, huge wind keeps blowing non-stop. It's really awfully cold and at that point I wish I was in summer or back at my hotel where it is all warm and cozy.

I walked down all the shop houses thinking what things i can get. But you know, their stuff don't really change much. It has been almost the same or totally the same since the first time I went there... which was back in 2009 I think? I always go there to buy the senbei though. They have all the different flavors. I personally like the spicy one because it's really spicy! Totally covered in chili powder!!

I walked pass this random shop that sells soba. I wanted somethingy soupy because the weather is cold, the best way to warm yourself up is to drink something hot. I went into the restaurant and ordered myself a tempura soba set.



Though I did say I wanted to eat something with hot soup. All I was really targeting this meal for was the tempura. It so delicious! I'll only have tempura in Japan because the taste and the way it is cooked is different back here locally. The texture and everything.. People always say, once you have Japanese food in Japan, you won't ever want to eat it other place unless it's of the same standard. I pretty much agree on that. Especially on the tempura! haha.

I took my time to finish it up. People were staring at me for a moment because I was on the phone with Shizuka for a moment. We're speaking in English so people do stare somehow. But well, I've pretty much gotta used to it. I really like speaking in English in Japan because they don't know what you're talking about. haha. Don't have to worry about people eavesdropping on your conversation.

After having my brunch, I went back to the shop that sells Melon Pan for dessert. They sell the most awesome melon pan. It's hard on the outside and soft on the inside and the size is bigger than your face!


Look at how perfect this melon pan looks! haha. I mean, it really looks like the one Shana from the anime "Shakugan no Shana" eats!! It's exactly like how she describes as well.  


This is how the shop outside looks like. If you want awesome melon pan, please visit this shop! It's near the entrance of the temple on the right side. They not only sell melon pan, they do sell many different flavors of the soft cream ice cream and as well as other food. If I'm not wrong, food such as tori karrage set and etc. But so far, I've only ate their soft cream ice cream and melon pan. This is my recommended food in Asakusa, always. haha.

After hanging out at Asakusa, I had so much time to kill before the live house event. I actually went to scout out the place of the other live houses I was going to go later in this trip and as well as find the place I was going to later. After which, I headed back to the hotel to freshen up a little before heading out because being caught in the drizzle in Japan is no joke. I really dislike the rain in Japan especially during cold seasons. It's extra cold!

As I was walking to the live house at Shibuya, guess who I saw! I saw the members of Applicat Spectra! Well, actually I saw all of them. Kenken looks so good in his new perm and brown hair!! Actually, I didn't see them at first but you know a group of guys walking down with their instrument bags. At first I thought they were just regular band men, but they look so familiar because I went to their live before so I know how they actually look like. I thought, since I'm here and I probably won't get to see them anymore, I wanted to do something crazy and fangirl-ish.

I totally went up to them and greeted them and said I was a fan from overseas. Kenken, being his usual cute-ness was stunned. I was also really shy and totally nervous so I guess I was whispering. I was also rushing for time so I didn't like bother them too long so I said good bye and wished them good luck, "頑張って" and walked away. I was in such a good mood afterwards. Talk about being lucky huh? haha.


xoxo,
Chisaki

No comments:

Post a Comment