Wednesday 20 November 2013

Hiking in Ikusabata, Tokyo Japan!

Hey guys!

Before I start writing anything, I want to say that I may have friends who are really good with fashion and dressing up and looking cute and pretty all the time, I'm neither of those. I prefer comfort, having fun and being me. So, before you look at the photos and say "why are you wearing PJs?"

Well, it's not. Though I must admit it looks like PJs and the pants are in fact sleepwear pants. However, it's really comfortable and looks nothing like one unless you fit the top to make it all look like one.

Honestly, it has been a long time since I had reconnected with the nature. It has also been a long time since I had so much fun!

This hiking trip in Ikusabata in Tokyo Japan, started out pretty awkward because I'm usually like, "Yo." and my conversation will just end there. I'm pretty known within my group of friends as the "conversation killer". If you know what I mean. I'm very bad as self introduction.

Anyways, we all headed off to Ikusabata (軍畑) station from Shinjuku. It's a pretty long ride even though we took a rapid train.

Once we reached the station, that's when everything got less awkward. Thank goodness. I was getting worried to be honest. The scenery is just so beautiful!!  The weather is perfect too! You can even have a picnic the whole day before sundown!!

I'm not even joking. Look at the few photos I've uploaded below. Pretty huh? It's really breath taking because everywhere you go, it's just autumn trees, beautiful hills and the river just beside. The air is really fresh!!

It's Autumn Baby!!
17 November 2013
2013年11月17日

One thing I don't really understand is that almost everywhere, they sell Yuzu. Yuzu here, Yuzu there, Yuzu everywhere!!! I'm not a fan of Yuzu so I'm not a tad excited. I'm just totally confused. lol.

New friends made during this trip!! :)
17 November 2013
2013年11月17日

I met really nice and friendly people during this trip!! One of the nice guys I met during this trip is missing from these photos though. But honestly, I'm really glad I made it to this trip. I've been contemplating as to joining up with SSAJ for quite awhile even though I've been reading their newsletter every week.

I asked one my friend who's studying in Aussie if I should join in with the embassy activies because I've seen her join in with some of the activities over in aussie. I'm glad I took up her advice to do so! I guess it's good to know more people instead of trying to struggle alone. I do feel closer to home as well.

Also, because they are older than me (I had no idea. They all look so young) and more experience. They gave really good advice so far. They are really amusing people too!! I haven't had so much laugh in a long time. It really gave a good boost to my mood recently. My best friend in class keeps asking me if I'm alright. Well, I am! In fact, never better!! :)

Me, Me and me! :)
17 November 2013
2013年11月17日
Here are some photos of me myself and I. Don't mind the photo on the top right hand side. Actually, I like to take this kind of fun shots once in a awhile. It's like limited edition photo because usually, I don't even post photos like this of me but well, just for keepsake.

I saw this 4 months old husky by this family. I went over and asked them if I can touch it. They gladly let me. The husky keeps wanting to "kiss" me which totally reminded me of my pet dog "BB" back at home. My dogs love to "kiss" me as well! It has been so long since I've touched a dog! I'm starting to miss BB. I keep asking my mom to send photos of him but hardly any though. I'm disappointed because this isn't what we agreed on. lol.



Anyways, I had a total blast for this trip. Japan is a really beautiful place. I ran around, climbed rocks, jumped around. I felt like a kid all over again. It reminded me of my Chiang Mai trip with my NPCC mates back in secondary school. I want to go on an adventure again!!

I think I'm slowly starting to build up my courage to try new things again. I guess this is the part where things will get better are you start to adapt to a new environment. It took me longer than expected but I'm ready to take on a new challenge!

Going to be busy next week onwards. Hoping everything will go on smoothly. I don't intend to forget my birthday. However, I'm looking forward to christmas anymore. I need a date! haha.


Cheers.

x.Chi.

No comments:

Post a Comment