Thursday 4 April 2013

Everything miniature

Hey guys, I'll moved into my school's dormitory! It's pretty cozy and it's much bigger than the previous hotel room I stayed in for the first week. I'll show you guys the rest of my apartment after I got it set up nicely. So.. I'll just show you guys the entrance of my house.

Entrance to my apartment

I honestly still cannot believe I'm staying in a Japanese apartment like those you see in animes and Japanese dramas. So when I got into the house, the house has nothing except for the very basic things like fridge, bed, TV, kitchen and bathroom. The futon set that the school provided is really really comfortable! Every time I snuggle myself in my bed, I would fall asleep straight away.

I had to go shop for home appliances and such since I have nothing. Thank goodness for 105yen shops. They have almost everything though. I bought most of my stuff over at the 105yen shop and some groceries from the nearby supermarket. I'm not living at the main yamanote line anymore, I'm like staying 3 stops away from it, somewhere along the tokyo subway. It's nice to live away from the city area and somewhere more town-ish? Where everything is simpler. haha.

Yesterday I met up with Joy, one of my friends who came to Japan for holiday. We met up at Akihabara because she was shopping over there. We had lunch at this curry shop nearby the station. She seems to know Akihabara so well despite her first trip to Japan. Haha. For the first time, I went to Animate. I was totally hanging out at Amnesia section oogling at Shin. Haha. I went to the anime convention last week with Sir and gang. There they totally unlocked my otaku mode for awhile. I saw the Gachapon for amnesia and went to try my luck with it. First try I got Ukyo, I wasn't happy with it because I wanted Shin so I tried it again and got Shin! Oh how happy I was!! lol. It comes with a voice as well. I love Shin's voice so much~ haha. *otaku mode* :3

After which we went to this huge building that sells almost all the electronics you can find!! I bought my rice cooker and my electric water boiler. I think it's really cute to buy small appliances that is meant for 1 person's use! Everything is so small as compared to the usual ones that you have at home.

Mini rice cooker and mini water boiler

This is currently how my rice cooker and electric water boiler looks like. Really small and they are on the floor because there is no place to put them in the kitchen and there is limited plugs in the apartment. But it will do. :)

A big thanks to Joy for accompanying me to get my stuff. It's really glad to see her again! To be real honest, being alone has it's good parts but also it's bad parts. You get really lonely and sometimes when you want to find someone to lean on, you can't. You only have yourself.

But I'm really thankful that my friends are skyping with me. I skype everyday. lol. Skype and whatsapp has officially became my best friend. My only way of communication now. I just got a new portable wifi and a new japanese cellphone. The japanese cellphone is really just for calling and the wifi is for my current iphone that I am holding onto.


Will update again soon.

xoxo,
Chisaki

No comments:

Post a Comment