Sunday 10 January 2016

Hello from the New Year

2nd January 2016
Biking through a tunnel, Feat - Shogo & Jimmy
Mito city, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan

Hello 2016. I fell sick over the new years and was able to recover and consume solid food again. Thank goodness. The first week of the New Year had its ups and down but overall, it had been well.

I spent my New Years over at Ibaraki Prefecture with some friends and made two new friends from France and Germany. I got to experience a traditional Japanese new years with a trip to the temple at midnight and had 'toshikoshi soba (年越しそば)' on New Years Eve. I also got to explore some parts of Ibaraki and talked about worldly affairs with the new friends I've made. It was a very international experience over the new years.

First week of school was orientation. I get nervous with huge crowds so I'm not sure if I'll like this school as much as my previous one. The classes seems to be much more interesting so I hope it would help balance my interest in coming to uni. Official school semester starts in a few days and I hope I can keep up with my classes and make new friends.

Winter is still cold. My mom sent the remaining of my clothes and shoes over so I'll be able to tide over winter just fine. I'm looking forward to how this year will unfold.

Lots of Love.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment