Saturday 23 May 2015

It's both exhilarating and nerve-wracking


Some of my best friends have graduated from college but I'm happy to still be able to meet up with them during my final semester. We're all looking forward to our graduation ceremony this August. It would be like a mini farewell to everyone as we all take on the next leap into another phase of our lives. Some will be heading to universities and some would go on ahead into the working society. Regardless of which path people take, everyone is moving on. It's really exhilarating and nerve-wracking just thinking about it.

I know it's still quite early to be talking about graduation since it's just the third week into my final semester. But I can't help thinking about it because time files without anyone realising it. I am willing to bet 1000 yen that before I know it, I'll be in my graduation gown (again). What can anyone really do to slow down time? No one. The scary part about nature.

I'm both excited and terrified about what's going to happen tomorrow, the day after next, and the weeks, months and years to come. When will I ever live in a life without fear and excitement? Never. Because that's also the beauty of life. I'm glad to be alive. x

PS: I've picked up a new book and I'm already one quarter into it. Amazing. I love reading memoirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment