Monday 27 April 2015

Miharu Takizakura in Fukushima Prefecture



I've always heard from friends who were from the countryside that there is nothing there compared to the city. I did not want to disagree because I've never lived in the countryside before. But now that I've been visiting the countryside more often for the past few weeks, I can honestly say, the countryside has things that the city would probably never be able to have.

For the past few weeks of my travel, I've been travelling by car. Since I was there for work, my boss was the one who was doing the driving for hours (kudos to him!). I was able to see more things and enjoy the sceneries around. I must say, the sakuras were much more beautiful since there aren't buildings in the background.

While being in Fukushima, I was able to try out painting a traditional Japanese doll and learn a little about the meaning behind it. I also visited the top 3 must visit sakura viewing sites, Miharu Takizakura. It was so beautiful! I loved it. I'm so glad to be given s chance to see this. I wouldn't be able to see this if I stayed in Tokyo. Tokyo doesn't have something as magnificent as this! It's nice to get out of the city once in awhile and enjoy the simple things and enjoy spring!

Check out this video to know more about my adventures there. This time round, I went to Fukushima with Gen, another fellow Singaporean reporter and Roy, a reporter from our neighbouring country, Malaysia.

If you're interested, check out ASEAN Japan net TV's: HomepageFacebook for more updates!
If you enjoyed this series, don't forget to give it a 'like' and subscribe to their youtube channel for future updates.:)

xoxo,
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment