Wednesday 7 January 2015

Highlights and wrap-up of 2014

Hello, I just got back from school about 2 hours ago. I stayed behind until 9pm because I had to meet my writing teacher so she can proofread my personal statement. Just a little more before I can throw all these application stuff aside. I hate the anxiety that comes from this!

Anyways, before I miss another whole month worth of update and be extremely late on my wrap-up of 2014, I'm going to write something.

Last December was my winter holiday and I think I did almost nothing really productive, but I did finish up part 1 of my vlog to Osaka. Part 2 of the trip will be up soon but I think it would be a really short one. Nonetheless, I'll try to finish it by the end of this week! (Procrastination) Meanwhile, here is Part 1 of my short trip to Osaka which I really enjoyed. I try to make all my vlog with a reminisce feel to it so when I look back 10 years later, I can either cringe at my bad video editing or smile at the wonderful time I've spend in Japan.


Moving on... I guess 2014 was really awesome because there was so much major changes in my life that helped me grow as a person and move on in life. I think I've wrote this many times as I try to reflect back almost every other month, I apologise. It's a habit of mine to do monthly self-reflections so I'd be more appreciative of the world and people around me. Trust me, it does help me to stay humble.


Highlights of 2014
  • Accepted to an American liberal arts college
  • Reconcile with my sister (we're practically best friends now. Okay, maybe not yet)
  • Total makeover of my hair and style
  • Picked up photography (a tiny bit of film/video)
  • Met so many inspiring people in college
  • Learnt more about myself and gained more self-confidence
  • Went on small solo trips around Tokyo.
  • Went on a trip to Osaka with my friends from College

I guess this is all that really happened. I hope I didn't miss anything. I didn't exactly have any new resolutions made during 2014. I always make goals throughout the year, and once they were completed I strike them off and forget that I actually made goals. Nonetheless, I think I've achieved quite a bit last year and I really enjoyed 2014.

This year didn't start out too well, but I think everything is starting to pick up. Though, I just received word that my pet dog Doli, is currently deaf. I really hate to have to witness it myself this coming summer. Nevertheless, like how I swallow all the harsh realities, I will swallow this truth down my teeny-tiny throat. 
 
Yesterday, I went to Meiji Jingu Shrine, like how I always do every year, and did some praying for the new year. I asked kami-sama for a smooth year ahead, as well as praying for my university applications. Then, I picked up an omikuji, and according to my friend there would be obstacles ahead but I will be able to overcome them. I always get such fortunes whenever I have huge plans ahead for the year. As much as I hate hearing that, I'm quite relieved that it says that because it means there is still hope.

I haven't really draft out any huge plans for 2015 yet but I will definitely be going back to Singapore this coming summer after graduation with my Associates of the Arts Degree in Liberal Arts. I know it's really no big deal to others but I'm bloody proud of myself to have even got so far in my education (I was a trashy student). To be honest, I really can't wait to be home because I really miss my friends and family. I miss my pet dog BB too. I misses how he annoys me every night to go to bed because he wants to sleep in the air conditioned room. 

I'm going to take a quick shower now. x

216 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment