Tuesday 22 July 2014

Two more weeks to Summer Holidays!

Rockin' the sleeveless black and white stripe dress while embracing my flabby arms.
22th July 2014
So, I don't usually wear sleeveless tops or dresses because I feel insecure about my arms. They are not toned anymore because I have not been exercising or hitting the gym like I should. But I think I totally rocked the sleeveless look (or not). My eyes are a little puffier than they should so I decided to crop half my face away. It's just the side effects of not giving my tiny eyes enough rest.

Well, I think I've unlocked a new achievement. I managed to compete 3 research papers in 3 days. One of them, I've been working hard on it since June so I suppose that doesn't count. I worked really hard on that paper because I'm doing a topic that I'm interested in. I also want to prove to myself that I'm not a bad writer and I haven't lost my touch on writing. I just got to practice a little to get everything back!

My ethnography report for Anthropology was also interesting because I'm doing something more personal. I glad I did that because I learnt more about myself. Though, I must say that wasn't the most professional report because we're not taught exactly how to do a professional one. It's all for experience since it is just an introductory module.

The third report was horrible though. It got rejected once and I had to revise it. To be honest, I didn't think I revised much of it because I still think that it's a horrible term paper report. I'm not much of a history person anyways because I always have the thought that the actual events that happened in history might be different from what was taught. I mean, humans do have selective memory. I'm one good example; I don't remember half of what happen in primary school! So, what makes historians so different? It's not like they had recording devices back then to record everything. It's all just interpretations from what was left over, isn't it? Honestly, I don't know.

Now, I'm down to the final one, my research proposal for Sociology. I also have to tackle finals next week. Actually... Mine starts this Thursday. Boo. Looking on the bright side, I can have a little breather now that I've finished 3/4 of my assignments. I gotta stay positive. *nods nods*

I really cannot wait for summer holidays. I've been seeing more people on the streets wearing yukata. I want to wear a yukata too! I have to buy one! I left mine back in Singapore and I want a new one. Preferably a red coloured yukata because I think I'll look good in red rather than pink. I want to drop the "cute" image and go for something a little more mature. I'm trying my best-est to look and dress my age.

Speaking about dressing, I've been wearing dresses/skirts more often. I actually feel comfortable in dresses and skirts now. I used to be insecure about wearing dresses because I don't want to be "too girly". It's funny because I am a girl/lady so I don't understand why I even felt insecure about wearing them before. Maybe my female hormones are finally doing their job. Ha.

Love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment