Tuesday 8 July 2014

Train of Thoughts

I do self-reflections frequently. Before going to bed, when I'm showering, walking to school or walking back home, in a cafe.... Almost anywhere as long as I'm alone by myself. Recently, I do most of it in the train when I have my earpiece on listening to the news and latest tunes on the radio. In the train, I usually get to notice the social behaviours around me and once in a while strange ones. I thought it would be interesting if I were to write what the things I observe and probably have an opinion about but too scared to speak out. Also, the random things I think about when I'm in the train or when I'm out alone in some cafe, and any sort of self-reflections. I mean, I would love to write it down in twitter but I won't be able go back and read it about it 5 years later! I think it would be fun to read how weird my thoughts were 5 years in the future. This is what I came up with when I was in the train home earlier.

They will be tagged under Train of Thoughts. No the most original title but what can I say, I'm awful with creating titles! haha.

  • What should I have for dinner? Mcdonalds, Matsuya or some random bento from the supermarket? I could just skip dinner today since I need to be awake for school early tomorrow.
  • I hope I can concentrate on my assignments when I get back home. Deadlines are nearing and progress doesn't seem to be in sync with my schedule. Speaking of school, tomorrow is class registration day. I hope I can get the classes I want. Though I'm not a genius in web design, I really hope I get the class because I think it would be a great contribution to my CV.
  • I wonder why the train doesn't switch on it's air conditioning. It's so humid in here. It's already summer!! I'm not ready to "endure" this heat like a traditional Japanese when it's so warm and packed with people.
  • Is it me or some people on the train feels obliged to look at their iPhones/android because almost everyone is doing it. They don't seem interested in their phones but they are holding it in a position convenient enough to look at it.
  • Japan still has this book culture. People still hold books and read them instead of being distracted by their electronics. I find people who still read books in this century to be quite charming. That serious look they have when they are so indulged in the book. I can't help but giggle.
  • I just topped-up my commuters pass. I feel really poor now. I need to watch my spending during the summer holidays. Boo.
  • I'll be reaching in the next stop. I hope I can squeeze out safely from this crowd. They look like a bunch of really tall trees in the forest and I'm just a tiny hobbit. Well, that's also because I'm sitting down. 
  • Lovely tunes on the radio. I still have no decided what to do with dinner. I already had sushi late in the afternoon. Craving satisfied. 
  • Ah!! The train reached my stop!! Gotta run!!

I might do this daily or as frequent as I can.

Love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment