Friday 27 December 2013

Cup Noodles Museum at Yokohama

24 December 2013
Yokohama Cosmo World

Hello.

Last few days, I finally went to the Cup Noodles Museum at Yokohama with my friends!! I've been wanting to visit that place for quite awhile ever since I got to know of it. I'm a big fan of cup noodles mainly because it's good for lazy people like me. I like the idea of "Just add hot water!" and your meal will be ready in 3~5mins. lol!


The ticket to get into the museum is ¥500 per person.

Inside, you will be able to see the history of cup noodles and the cup noodles through the years! Also, there is cup noodles from different countries as well. It is an eye opener indeed. Also, to be able to see cup noodles from your home country is really cool!

Did you manage to see any familiar cup noodles? :D

24 December 2013
See any familiar Cup Noodles selling at the supermarkets near your place? :D
I think the main highlight of the cup noodles museum is being able to make your own cup noodles and decide what fillings it should have. But since we bought the last final time slot (the rest were already sold out), we had some free time.  We went to to watch the short mini theatre screening which explained the beginnings of cup noodles. It's really interesting in my opinion. lol.

24 December 2013

After watching the short film, we were then lead to the next room where there is a replica of the shed of the person who invented the cup noodles. Also, there is a silver statue of the person who invented cup noodles! I think the whole world is thankful for his invention. Though, the amount of MSG and all isn't exactly healthiest but hey, instant food is oh so convenient isn't it?

24 December 2013
Momofuku Ando

All hail Momofuku Ando-san!! Thank you for this invention! :D


After checking out the other exhibits, we went on to the cup noodles factory workshop place to get our own self made cup noodles! That's the main reason why we're here actually.

It costs ¥300 per cup.

I bought 1 cup to decorate. I'm not an artist myself so I was actually worried how I am going to decorate the cup without looking like a total doofus since all the other people seem to be good artists themselves. It's like everyone is really good at drawing!

24 December 2013
Decorating our Cup Noodles cup!

24 December 2013
Fillings you get to choose for your cup noodles

24 December 2013
My decorated cup noodles in the safety pack! :D

I'm not a good artist as you can see, but I did manage to copy the piyopiyo chick drawing. I added mustache to it because I thought it would look cute as an oji-chan. I also drew a piggy on it because... I like piglets. I think they are cute. Though there are not very good looking ones but still, I think they are cute!

We're allowed to choose the soup base and 4 different fillings. I think corn is a must for cup noodles! They taste so good! haha.

After we're done, we are able to pack out cup noodles into this bag ourselves. After you leave this place, everyone will know that you just went to the cup noodles museum! So touristy! haha.

One of the places you have to visit if you're in Yokohama besides the usual Chinatown at Yokohama! It's not everyday you get to make your own personal designed cup noodles ey?!

By the way, we're suppose to eat the cup noodles within a month after you made it. Honestly, I don't even bear to eat it. I mean, why would I want to destroy my own beautiful creation? lol!

Anyways, I'll write again soon.

xoxo,
Chisaki

No comments:

Post a Comment